Saturday, February 6, 2010

Know the difference between a water filter and a water softener?

Some years ago I moved into a new house in a rural area that is fed by the waters nearest municipal removed. My source of fresh water well was drilled. The water is of excellent quality, but the water is very hard. I did not understand the term "hard water" for several years, but I finally grappling with the issues relating to hard water.

I use a Culligan water treatment system produced since I was in my house. I thought it was aSoftener. Everyone called it a water softener and this is what I called. I am a little 'discouraged with the performance of the system and began to consider a change. Culligan system requires the addition of hydrogen peroxide to function properly and I was almost 10 liters per month. My water was still a bit 'of iron and the system pressure dropped significantly.

I started the search for purification. To my surprise it was not a water softener running. It 'was just a luxury"Water Filter". The water was passed through a bed of media, filtered water, but not soft. I realized at this point that two processes are completely different players involved in the proper treatment of water.

To ensure the quality of water must be filtered so it should be "watered down". I found that the softening process removes the dissolved minerals that can pass through a filter. This was attributable to mineral development on my devices such as electric kettlesChina & iron, etc. The system will be in various forms. Some iron dissolved in water and passing it through a filter. Was strengthened, however, if they are not in circulation. He wears a large accumulation in the hot-water heaters.

I opted for a simple but high quality filter and the cartridge of a water softener, salt pellets needed to soften always optimal. The salt of the plasticizers used do not really give your water supply. I foundThe goal was only one flush Special Media bed that has particular physical characteristics of minerals, which attracts like a magnet. Many people are under the mistaken belief that goes in your saltwater use - is not.

The bed media will require flushing at regular intervals to keep working on excellence. The system is shutting down too predetermined times and to close the water supply. Then take the water rises in the bed of media. This case is the cumulativeMinerals, the dismissal by the media. It 'all in your system for rinse water through a separate hydraulic connection. Once the cleaning cycle is completed, the system will be reopened and send fresh, heated water back to the supply of water.

This is where I discovered "sweet water". I was amazed. After installing my new filter and air-conditioning, it took about 2 days in full all previous water from the boiler and storage system to repress. Well, if I take a bath, the difference isabsolutely amazing. After several years of "hard water", the water now felt really soft and slippery. This is fresh water. Bubbles much better and detergents may still be able to get much better results.

That was my training for softening water and filtering water. There are significant differences between the two processes. I hope this will help, in which the happiness of being with fresh groundwater.

Tags : Cuisinart Foods Processors, Cuisinart Coffee Maker Cuisinart Foods Processors, Cuisinart Coffee Maker Find Cheap Kitchenware here. Kitchenaid Pasta Maker Spaghetti, macaroni,

No comments:

Post a Comment