Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Rimini" Everardt's photos around Rimini, Italy

Preview of Everardt's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: www.travelpod.com This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Rimini, Italy Entry Title: "Rimini" Entry: "A short train trip from Verona and I'm in Rimini on the Adriatic coast. My cousin Gianluca and his girlfriend Manuela have lived here for around 5 years (both come from Matera down south, which I visited in May). Since I last saw them unfortunately Manuela´s father has died. He had had cancer for some time but seemed to be getting a bit better when I visited them, but regressed again soon after. Manuela´s mother is also visiting when I arrive and we spend an afternoon looking through the old quarter of town. Rimini comprises the old town (which was founded around 300BC) and surrounding new town, and a coastal resort comprising kilometres of lidos, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, etc. A lot of conferences, exhibitions, conventions, etc are held there and there is a university so many young people come here to study and work. It´s most famous son (at least to modern people) is Federico Fellini, and the area where he was born and raised has naive-type pictures painted on the outside walls of many houses. I use my time in Rimini to rest and recuperate - Gianluca and Manuela give me their bedroom to use (I protest but it is useless) and I have unlimited access to the internet (what bliss after internet cafes and all their limitations and cost), so I ...

No comments:

Post a Comment