Thursday, July 7, 2011

RAW HORSE MEAT FOR LUNCH IN FRANCE

copyright 2011 Lisa B. Falour, BS, MBA all rights reserved LISA, INC. (EURL) cutecatfaith.com The 300 grams of freshly ground horse meat cost three euros and ten eurocents today. Several horse breeds are produced in France as food and are not ridden nor worked. Horse milk is also sold here. I can ship it, powdered, anywhere in the world. (The milk, not the meat!) It is known for its healing qualities and was sold in French pharmacies as a medical product until fairly recently. I cured myself of liver cancer in early 2008, and horse milk was part of my recovery. This meal was actually big enough for three adults, but I tend to cook a little extra sometimes, depending on my meal plans, and save and use the leftovers. The cost of this meal was about five euros. A second meal will be produced using the leftovers. We eat meat on days when my spouse works -- he does manual labor. Otherwise, we go meatless. Even when I went to grad school nights, worked in Wall Street fulltime AND had a part-time job, I reserved two hours every Sunday afternoon for cooking for the week. If you cannot cook daily from scratch, you might consider adding someone to your household who CAN. Many French people grew up in one-room farmhouses with big fireplaces, and all life took place in that one room. The beds were squashed behind low dividing screens, often of wood or frosted glass. My inlaws grew up in one-room farmhouses. My mother-in-law is retired a few dozen yards from the house in which she was ...

No comments:

Post a Comment